Regardless of your office size, it pays to schedule your cleaning services lest they disrupt your business operations and affect productivity. Certain cleaning tasks need to done more frequently than the others. Such tasks should ideally be performed daily for bigger offices, few times a week for medium-sized offices and weekly for smaller offices. There is also a different set of cleaning tasks you can set aside for every start or end of the month. Below are recommended office cleaning guides your company can refer to when creating or assigning cleaning lists or schedules:
Daily Office Cleaning Guides
Your daily cleaning schedule should constitute small tasks, carried out to ensure your office is ethically clean and adheres to mandated sanitary standards. Daily cleaning tasks ideally zoom in on areas most frequented by your employees and guests.
Prioritise communal spaces like break rooms, reception area, work stations (desks or cubicles), conference rooms, pantry, washrooms and lobby areas. Check out our proposed office cleaning guides for daily cleaning routines:
General Guide for All Rooms
- Vacuum dust, debris and other particles accumulating on floors (tiled or carpeted)
- Mop hard floor and tiled areas with the aid of appropriate disinfectants
- Clean often neglected but commonly touched areas such as door handles, light switches, keyboards and mouse
- Wipe down glass areas including glass doors, windows and mirrors
- Take out rubbish from waste bins, wash if necessary and replace liners
- Use a cloth dampened with mild disinfectant to clean desk or table surfaces
- Polish silverware, brass work or metal tops in your office
- Remove dirt or grime from walls and coated surfaces
Cleaning Guide Break Room, Pantry and Wash Room
- Clean waste bins and replace liners
- Wipe counter tops and hard surfaces using the right disinfectants
- Mop floors with antibacterial cleaning solutions
- Sanitise and disinfect basins, loos, sinks, doors, fixtures and installed appliances
- Replenish hand soap dispensers
- Polish glass and reflective surfaces such as glass, brass, metal wares and mirrors
Weekly Cleaning Guides
Weekly cleaning is usually a bigger deal than daily cleaning. Unlike daily tasks where you can get rid of dirt, grime and rubbish early on before they damage your property, weekly cleaning requires you to deal with rubbish that have accumulated for several days.
Bulk cleaning schedules come with materials designated for deep cleaning. Small offices tend to prefer this cleaning approach because it saves them money and allow them to work without interruptions.
Foster a healthy working space for your office employees and visiting clients by creating a concise monthly cleaning list. Ideally, you need to take these tasks into consideration:
Thorough window cleaning (windows outside of your office or building may require the assistance of expert cleaners)
Refill soap dispensers and water dispensers
Remove rubbish, sanitise bins and replace liners
Polish hard floors and surfaces with the appropriate office cleaning solutions
Disinfect communal areas like pantry, break rooms and wash rooms
Vacuum work stations, conference rooms and all areas of your office
Method squirt and mop floors using antibacterial formula
Monthly Cleaning Guides
Monthly cleaning lists may or may not be as exhaustive as daily and weekly cleaning schedules. Different companies follow different standards. Monthly schedules usually consist of tasks that can be done less frequently and involve special cleaning services:
Streamline and disinfect storage areas
Clean your office air conditioning and repair if necessary
Dry clean fabric chairs or use a special fabric vacuum
Dust off difficult to reach surfaces, nooks and crannies
Steam clean carpets or rugs
Hire a Reliable Commercial Cleaning Melbourne
Office cleaning guides will help you maintain a fully functioning and sanitary workplace that promotes employee health. More than just ensuring the health of your workforce, a clean workplace has long-term benefits for you and your clients.
But office cleaning is not a walk in the park. Depending on your office size, outsourcing to a reliable commercial cleaning company in Melbourne could be more cost-efficient for you.
Letting a third party provider with a proven track record in the office cleaning solutions industry carry out your cleaning list or schedule on your behalf will make things easier in the long run. Focus on more important aspects of your business and your chosen provider will take care of office sanitation according to your instructions.
Need professional cleaning assistance so soon? Visit our website https://officecleaningsolutions.com.au.